• Students must pay for ALL lessons & classes, whether the student is present or not, as our instructor’s time has been designated for that student.
• Students must contact their instructors, by telephone or email, in advance of all absences.
• Instructors must be contacted at least 24hrs in advance if you anticipate missing a lesson. *NOTE: the more advance notice you can give your instructor, the better.
• Make-up lessons will be scheduled according to your instructor’s availability or during designated make-up days (*please visit our calendar for more details). In some situations a qualified substitute instructor may teach your makeup lesson.
• ALL make-up lessons must be rescheduled in advance with your instructor.
• All lessons and make-up lessons must take place within 30 days of the missed lesson. In extreme situations, and at the discretion of the school president, the 30 day period may be extended. Otherwise the lesson(s) will be forfeited.
• Failure to attend scheduled makeup lessons will result in immediate forfeiture of that lesson and no credits will be applied.
• Any cancellation made with less than 24hrs notice (*excluding illness or serious family situations) is not guaranteed a makeup and will not be credited.
• Inconsistent attendance or persistent absences will lead to suspension of registration in which funds for those lessons will be forfeited. Students are allowed TWO excused absences per academic year.
• Rochester Contemporary School of Music will credit, refund or reschedule lessons if: 1) the School is closed due to “Rochester weather” or official emergency, or 2) the instructor is absent and a substitute instructor is not available.
• Cancellations due to verified serious medical reasons will be credited.
• DO NOT come to your lesson sick. We will reschedule your lesson.
• Make up for classes – at this point there are no means to provide makeups for classes (i.e. Theory For Musicians, Music History, etc.). As more sections of classes become available, we will begin to offer makeup opportunities in those classes.
• Rochester Contemporary School of Music functions on a 40 lesson/class academic year. Lessons are billed either annually, quarterly, or monthly (*see below for details regarding additional fees). Students who begin lessons after the beginning of the academic year will
have their bills prorated accordingly.
• Classes are structured out of our 40 lesson/class academic year. Classes are generally 18 weeks (1 semester) or 9 weeks ( 1 quarter). Students may still join these classes at any point in the year (*students joining after the start of the academic year will have their bills prorated).
• Bills are due on the 1st business day of every month in advance of the lessons to be received.
• Bills may be paid either online via credit/debit card or check, or in person via check (*during specified hours).
• Past due balances will be assessed a $15 late fee after the 14th day of the month or after the 1st day of any class.
• A $15 fee will be assessed to ALL checks returned or checks with insufficient funds.
• Rochester Contemporary School of Music reserves the right to refuse checks from clients with multiple returned checks.
• Deposits made for summer camps are non-refundable.
• Summer camp tuition is due PRIOR to the start of any RCSM summer camp.
CHANGE OF REGISTRATION/REFUND POLICY
• To change registration, drop lessons or classes, a parent (or student older than 18yrs old) must contact an RCSM administrator to process such a request.
• Registration fees are non-refundable.
• Summer Institute™ tuition is non-refundable AFTER the RCSM summer camp drop deadline.
The 3 “P’s” (PREPARATION, PARTICIPATION & PERFORMANCE)
• Every student is expected to come to each lesson PREPARED with their instrument, all method books and sheet music, and having practiced consistently between lessons.
• Students who come to lessons unprepared may be denied a lesson by their teacher
• Students who consistently come to lessons unprepared may be asked to discontinue lessons at Rochester Contemporary School of Music.
• All student are expected to PARTICIPATE in ensembles when their skill level permits
• Students are expected to be present at ALL ensemble rehearsals of which they are associated. Consistent rehearsal attendance is necessary to produce the highest quality student performances.
• Students are expected to be present at all ensemble PERFORMANCES of which they are associated with.
• Students will receive quarterly progress reports. These reports are not intended to be treated as a “Report Card”, but rather an indicator of how much a student is growing musically
REGULAR HOURS OF OPERATION
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 11:00a.m. – 9:30p.m.
Lesson Hours: Monday – Friday 10:00a.m. – 9:30p.m.; Saturday 9:00a.m. – 3:00p.m.
• Parking/idling is permitted on Grove St. until 7:00p.m.
• After 7:00p.m. parking/idling is ONLY permitted in the parking lot (Pickle Factory or Grove Place).
• Students may be dropped-off and picked-up at the Grove St. entrance (*even after 7:00pm).
• DO NOT block any driveway on Grove St. at anytime, even if you are just dropping-off, picking-up, or idling.
• Failure to follow village parking ordinances will result in your car being ticketed or towed.
All important school dates (i.e. start of classes, end of semester, events, quarterly bills due, etc.) will be posted on the school calendar.
In the event Rochester Contemporary School of Music is closed due to weather or other unforeseen events, every student will receive an email prior to scheduled lessons. In addition, school closings will be posted on the school website, Facebook and on local media sources